The church of Saint John the Baptist, built in 1844 follows the configuration of provincial Baroque churches, where no style element, a column-cap or pediment indicates any certain style. This church has belonged to the Bajsa parish both then and now. The nave of the single-nave hall church is divided into three barrel vaults. The late-Baroque wooden statue of Pieta placed in the middle is an important monument of contemporary provincial sculpture. On the opposite side there is a round painting about Our Lady of Hungary, made by an unknown amateur. There is a painting on the high altar, similar to works of József Pesky, a painter from Pest. The windows of the sanctuary are decorated with stained-glasses depicting the Heart of Jesus and the Heart of Mary, made by Sándor Ligeti, a glass painter from Budapest, born in Bezdan. The side-altar was erected at the end of the 19th century, in honour of Our Lady of Lourdes. The wall paintings were renewed in 1961; on the ceiling there are the scenes of the Ascension of Jesus, the Sermon on the Mount and the Adoration of the Shepherds.
Korhecz Papp Zsuzsanna
Schematismuus Dioecesis Suboticanae (2009). Subotička biskupija, Subotica.