The real story of sour cherries from Feketić cannot be traced back until the time of resettling the village, but the traces of grape and fruit production can be revealed everywhere, so presumably also in the village of Feketić.
In 1938, the so called “black cherry of May” was present only in vineyards. There were vineyards of more than 400 cadastral acres in the south-eastern part of the village then, and each farmer planted several sour cherry-trees as well. They have noticed that these cherry trees grew very well in this soil. In the beginning of the fifties, there were enough cherries from Feketić to sell on the markets of neighbouring villages as well. Mass buy-up began in 1955 after the foundation of the farmer’s co-operative. In early sixties, the co-operative provided saplings for free, and the area of this plantation was free of tax for ten years. Sour cherry production reached its days of glory in 1974-75, but by the end of the seventies there emerged some problems with buying up cherries, because mechanically picked cheap cherries appeared on the western market at that time. The last attempt of the co-operative took place in 1985 with selling cherries as brandy, but none of the distributors wanted to put it into circulation, alluding to the small quantity. There are no plantations outside the village; the sour cherry-trees are in the yards, the gardens and the streets of the village.